Catastrophic Response Services
Published: 23-Aug- 2011 | Category: Resources
Companies need to be prepared for catastrophic events with a response plan that recognizes various types of impacts and with appropriate resources to manage the recovery.
Marsh's Catastrophic Response Services are of particular interest to clients whose property and operations include one or more of the following:
- geographic exposures to natural disasters such as hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, or tsunamis;
- contingent exposures for customers and suppliers potentially affected by these events that may impact on the organization's ability to conduct normal business operations;
- critical operational time lines, requiring immediate post-event recovery; and/or
- multiple locations or a concentration of assets exposed to large loss potential arising from a single occurrence or event.
The majority of events requiring these services tend to center on a property claims event. Therefore, the team activation process involves first and foremost Marsh's global Property Claims Practice leadership, and then other practices in the greater Marsh & McLennan organization as required.
Property Claims Consulting
- Represents a client in all claim issues including review of potential coverage issues, assists in development of strategies to identify all areas of claim, and measures and documents these losses
- Manages the overall claim process and coordinates with insurers' adjuster and their experts, as well as experts retained to assist a client in the claim process
- Assists a client and represents it in negotiations with insurers as well as arranges for issuance of partial payments
Robert W. O'Brien
Forensic Accounting & Claims Services (FACS)
After a crisis:
- Helps to transition the company 'back-to-normal'
- Conducts a post-incident review
- Aids in the rebuilding and strengthening of relationships with stakeholders which may have been damaged during the crisis
Tracy Knippenburg Gillis
Claims Consulting Practice
- Facilitates claims reporting and medical management immediately following emergency situations
- Evaluates off-site and temporary work areas for safety and health conditions
- Assists in the development and communication of safety issues to all affected employees
- Facilitates onsite claims adjusters or investigators as warranted
- Ensures that all elements of the catastrophic claims response process in place with the respective carrier or TPA are initiated
Business Continuity Risk Management (BCRM)
- Offers a unique approach to risk management and process prioritization
- Provides clients with the knowledge and expertise to more effectively identify risks, mitigate exposures, and manage their businesses in a challenging economic environment
- Works with clients to design, build, and run business continuity programs
- BCRM Program current state assessments
- BCRM policy, standards, and governance
- Threat assessments and business impact analyses
- Supply chain resiliency assessments and gap analyses of current recovery capability
- Cost/benefit analyses of mitigation options and business process recovery planning
- Training, testing, and exercising of protocols, plans, and capabilities
- Program audits and benchmarking BCRM services
- Assists in developing property damage assessments, inspections and reports
- Develops replacement cost estimates and isolates any potential betterment issues that might arise in the insurance claim process
- Provides project scheduling and critical path analysis
- Engages in construction cost audits and prequalification of architects and contractors
May 20, 2013 | Views: 863
A devastating, two-mile-wide tornado ravaged Moore, Oklahoma, just outside of Oklahoma City on Monday, May 20. As of May 22, it is believed that there have been 24 confirmed deaths... Read More...
May 16, 2013 | Views: 1521
Power outages caused by earthquakes, snowfall, cyclones and other natural hazards, as well as power grid issues are not uncommon. Given the likelihood that your organization will b... Read More...
May 14, 2013 | Views: 241
Power outages and other service interruptions — whether caused by natural hazards or other factors, such as stresses to power grids — can disrupt businesses’ supp... Read More...
May 14, 2013 | Views: 289
The 2013 Atlantic hurricane season is approaching quickly, with several forecasters predicting an active one. Read More...
May 13, 2013 | Views: 64
Major storm systems such as Superstorm Sandy in 2012 have the potential to create significant environmental challenges. Read More...
May 13, 2013 | Views: 107
Flooding — the most common natural disaster in the United States — affects thousands of homeowners and businesses annually. Typical causes of flooding include hurricane... Read More...
February 08, 2013 | Views: 846
With a nor'easter approaching the same region hit by Superstorm Sandy, now is the time to ensure you are prepared snow and ice. Read More...
November 20, 2012 | Views: 749
Any structure or material that has been wet for more than 48 hours can potentially be impacted by mold. Read More...
November 20, 2012 | Views: 770
Insureds that confirm or suspect pollution releases should examine their policies and provide notice to carriers. Read More...
November 20, 2012 | Views: 699
Managing recovery from Sandy will require project management time and proactive leadership. Read More...
November 16, 2012 | Views: 855
A significant issue in determining how coverage will apply will be the distinction between flood and storm surge within a particular policy. Read More...
November 14, 2012 | Views: 780
The Construction Consulting Practice, part of Marsh Risk Consulting’s Financial Advisory Services group, offers specialized reconstruction project management solutions follow... Read More...
November 02, 2012 | Views: 1204
Recovery from a catastrophic event such as Superstorm Sandy can be essential to your company’s finances, operations, and overall success. Read More...
November 01, 2012 | Views: 939
Our panelists will discuss the key insurance and recovery issues you may need to address in the wake of Sandy. Read More...
October 30, 2012 | Views: 1905
The latest resources and guidance for Superstorm Sandy. Read More...
October 29, 2012 | Views: 820
Our Real-Time Crisis Management team has extensive hands-on experience successfully supporting clients during some of the most severe, high-profile events. Read More...
October 25, 2012 | Views: 3260
Tips for action before, during, and after Hurricane Sandy. Read More...
October 24, 2012 | Views: 2910
Marsh’s local dedicated claims teams and client executives can support clients in their business recovery if they are affected by a hurricane or other disaster. Read More...
August 25, 2012 | Views: 4500
Recovery from a catastrophic event such as a hurricane can be essential to your company's finances, operations, and overall success. Marsh's Forensic Accounting and Claims Services... Read More...
August 24, 2012 | Views: 1237
Marsh is monitoring Isaac and has property risk, forensic accounting, business resiliency, and crisis experts poised to respond if necessary. Read More...